This is a fun 'no bake' pudding dessert that you can really get creative with on Halloween.
Graveyard Cake Ingredients
- 3 1/2 cups of low fat milk
- 2 - 3 oz packages of Jell-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 - 12 ounce tub of Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- 1 - 16 ounce package of Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1 package of Milano cookies (to make the tombstones and ghosts)
- 2 - 12 ounce package of white chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons of Crisco shortening
- black food coloring or black frosting tint
- black icing gel to decorate your tombstones and ghosts
- a spooky tree, bones, and other Halloween type things to decorate the graveyard
Pour the milk into a large bowl, add the pudding mix, and beat with a wire whisk or electric mixer on its lowest speed for 2 minutes or until blended.
Gently stir in the whipped topping and half of the crushed Oreo cookies and pour it all into a 13x9 inch dish. Sprinkle it with the remaining crushed Oreo cookies, and refrigerate it for at least an hour.
While your 'dirt' is chilling, you can take some time to make your tombstones and ghosts:
Melt 1 package of the white chocolate morsels and 1 tablespoon of the shortening in a microwave safe bowl on High for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds until it is well melted. Dip one of the Milano cookies into the melted white chocolate mixture and then lay it on a piece of wax paper. It is okay to leave one end of the cookie undipped, since it will be covered with 'dirt' anyway, and completely dipping the cookie would be a little too messy.
You can repeat this to make as many ghosts as you like, and then put the cookies in the refrigerator until the chocolate gets hard.
You can add black frosting tint to your melted white chocolate mixture to make some gray tombstones, like we have pictured above. You may have to use the second package of white chocolate morsels and melt it with the second tablespoon of shortening if you need more 'dressing' for your tombstones. You only want to prepare one package of chocolate at a time, because it hardens too quickly unless you are a very fast worker.
When your tombstones and ghosts are done, decorate them with your black icing gel and position them in your graveyard.
Keep your graveyard cake refrigerated until you are ready for it to be served.
Recipe prepared by Priscilla Iannelli, MOM.
Next >> Halloween Pumpkin Cake